Last Update: 09/12/2015
PeopleLink Unified Communications Pvt. Ltd. and its associated brands and subsidiaries (collectively “PeopleLink”) respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you, including from your online activity is collected and how that information is used by PeopleLink.
1 ABOUT PEOPLELINK UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS PVT. LTD.
Founded in 2007, PeopleLink has emerged as India's first ISO 9001-2008 certified Video Conference Company. It has marked an exponential 108% growth Year Over Year (Y-O-Y) from the past 5 years. A pioneer of modern video technology, PeopleLink, after accomplishing its pan India coverage is now expanding its Global operations. Its range of offerings includes next generation Video technology and Audio Video peripherals across a wide range of focused industry verticals. PeopleLink offers the most robust customer / partner service in the Industry today. PeopleLink has a strong and agile partner network to connect with our esteemed partners across 25 countries globally.
PeopleLink Unified Communications Pvt. Ltd. and its associated brands are committed to respect your privacy.
User Information Captured
- When you register for a product or free trial, we will need to collect personal information such as Email ID, Contact numbers and billing Information etc.
- We collect information you voluntarily supply to us on our websites, through surveys, or as feedback.
- Information is collected during the use of some of our products as needed to provide the service.
- We use common Internet technologies, such as cookies to keep track of interactions with our sites and services.
User Information Utilization
- We use the information collected to provide you with the services you request.
- We may use your information to inform you about other products or services, partners, opportunities and events offered by PeopleLink.
- We may use your information to improve our products or websites.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties.
- PeopleLink uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
User Information Sharing
- In order to conduct business it is necessary that we share some of your information with third parties, such as for credit card processing.
- We may need to disclose your information as required by law to protect our rights or comply with judicial proceedings.
Communication Choices for the User
- To change your email subscription status or opt out of collection, use and distribution of your information, the user may unsubscribe from the mailing service.
- Every marketing email from PeopleLink contains instructions on how to opt out of receiving further marketing emails.
PeopleLink Unified Communications Pvt. Ltd. and its associated brands & subsidiaries (collectively "PeopleLink") are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our websites, web portals and in using our products and services ("Solution" or "Solutions"). This Privacy Statement applies to PeopleLink websites that link to this Statement.
- Need of Data Capture
- User Information Captured.
- User Information Utilization.
- User Information Sharing.
- Communication Choices for the User.
- Security of Your Information
- Retention of Information
- Linked Websites.
- Forums and Chat Options.
- Information submitted through the Become a Partner.
- How to Contact Us
- Updates to this PeopleLink Privacy Statement
3.1 Need of Data Capture
Some PeopleLink products are web based; because of which they may require the use of first and last names, billing contact information, a password and a valid email address as a login. Therefore, at a minimum, we may require such necessary information in order to establish your account with us.
3.2 User Information Captured
PeopleLink will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, or payment card number. We collect personal information (and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us) for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Managing a job application.
- Accessing web Portals for Employees and Partners.
PeopleLink and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you. If you choose to provide third party personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), we will assume that you have the third party's permission to provide us with the information. Examples include forwarding reference material to a friend or job referrals. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
Business Information is collected by our products or by meeting, Video Conference and training organizers or administrators is considered confidential. We will not view Business Information except as necessary to appropriately support the service or as required by law.
Partners - In some cases we provide services or sell product lines jointly with other businesses. For these co-branded offerings in which a third party is involved in your transactions, we will sometimes share or jointly collect customer information related to those transactions with that third party. On the co-branded registration pages we will state who is collecting or receiving the information and whose privacy statement governs its use so that you will know at the time you create your account exactly how your information will be used.
Session Record - To maintain our quality of service and to assist in the analysis of product performance, we may also gather data on connection information, including the timing and size of all packets sent over the Internet during a session. The gathered information is used only to ensure the highest quality experience possible when using PeopleLink products.
Security Information - PeopleLink also collects certain standard information about your computer for security and identification purposes. This information may include: IP addresses, domain names, access times, cookies and other unique identifying information of machines that have our software downloaded and installed on them. This information is used for the operation of the service, to identify and protect our customers and to control unauthorized use or abuse of our services.
Testimonials - With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via one of the methods listed in How to Contact Us.
3.3 User Information Utilization
PeopleLink will only use your personal information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without first asking for your permission. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Supporting our Solutions.
- Contacting you for customer satisfaction surveys.
- Personalizing websites and newsletters to your preferences.
- Administering and processing your certification exams.
- Communicating for marketing purposes.
You can edit your preferences at any time. (See Communication Choices for the User below.)
3.4 User Information Sharing
PeopleLink will not sell or share your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this Privacy Statement. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within PeopleLink or with any of our worldwide associated brands & subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction. This includes processing orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information for a different purpose.
- To comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to court orders) and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected or potential fraud, brand protection matters, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of PeopleLink’s terms of service & EULA or as otherwise required by law.
3.5 Communication Choices for the User
PeopleLink gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences and unsubscribe using the following method:
- Each promotional email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing list.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
3.6 Security of Your Information
PeopleLink is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us and utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies.
3.7 Retention of Information
PeopleLink will only retain your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required for legitimate purposes or permitted by law.
Like many websites, PeopleLink uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web portals. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. It allows web servers to locate and identify your computer, which is a unique address is assigned to your PC by your Internet service provider or information systems department on a TCP/IP network.
3.9 Linked Websites
PeopleLink may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
3.10 Forums and Chat Options
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat service on a PeopleLink website, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside PeopleLink, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This information could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant's opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of PeopleLink. We are not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
3.11 Information submitted through the Become a Partner
3.12 How to Contact Us
PeopleLink value your opinions. Should you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email the PeopleLink team or visit our website http://www.peoplelinkvc.in/contact
3.13 Updates to this PeopleLink Privacy Statement
PeopleLink may update this Privacy Statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our website.