Chips And BSNL Associate With PeopleLink For Improving Video Conferencing In Chhattisgarh
- More than 119 Gram Panchayats and Blocks connected Live during Chhattisgarh Rajyotsav 2016.
- A rare connectivity was displayed by connecting several Gram Panchayats which are marked as red corridor.
- Tokapal (among Others), comes under the Insurgency Infested
(Communist Guerrilla Group) area was connected Live over PeopleLink VC.
- Shri. Raman Singh sanctioned a Bridge construction in Balrampur
during a Padhi Panchayat over a Live Conference.
Business Requirement / Challenges
The Government of Chhattisgarh is constantly working towards enabling the State machinery with ICT related advancements to ensure a seamless connectivity of the most distressed rural areas which on one side lack basic Infrastructure and on the other side are affected by Insurgent Groups. Government using the Video network looks at collaborating with each and every Gram Panchayat for an Inclusive Growth on an ad-hoc basis. A flexible Solution for Connecting the most rural areas at Low Bandwidth and functional at variable network types was the required Solution Capability.
Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) is the nodal agency and prime mover for propelling IT growth & implementation of the IT & e-Governance projects in the State of Chhattisgarh. The State of Chhattisgarh recognizes the importance of Information and Communication Technology as a key enabler in its economic development and improving the quality of life.
Rare Connectivity on Display
Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) & Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) collaborated with PeopleLink for displaying a critical connectivity of more than 146 Panchayats during the Launch of BSNL Towers in some of the very rural and many Infested by Insurgency to be able to talk Live with their Chief Minister and the then, IT & Communications Minister to address their Grievances.
Business Results Achieved By Using PeopleLink
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad dedicated the 146 new mobile towers erected in insurgency-infested Bastar region and infrastructure for providing internet services developed in Panchayats at Balrampur Ramanujgunj district.
- Shri. Raman Singh sanctioned a Bridge construction in Balrampur during a Padhi Panchayat over a Live Conference.
- A First of its kind resolution of 100% ODF of entire Panchayats at Padhi was made over this Video Call by their Lady Sarpanch.