PeopleLink’s 119 Port MCU Deployed For Video Conferencing In The Indian Army
- Video Services rendered to the World’s third largest Army.
- Multi-terrain ready Video Services operating at Low Bandwidths.
- Comprehensive Secure Video Connectivity of around 119 Ports
Defense Requirement / Challenges
The Indian Army was evaluating Visual Collaboration Solutions for connecting with their remotely based commands. This Comprehensive Video network was required to be operational even at Low Bandwidths, considering the distinct and difficult terrains on which the forces operate
Indian Armed Forces have a very stringent Evaluation Criteria. They had evaluated a lot of technologies which could stand the challenges and perform even under extreme conditions. PeopleLink solutions had gone through a comprehensive technological evaluation for getting shortlisted against the other Competition product lines
The differentiating points of technology and our superiority over the other legacy systems was established in terms of safe, secure and robust solutions capable of operating under extreme conditions (Weather, terrain and conditions etc.) and over varied networks and Low bandwidths was finally shortlisted for achieving mission critical communication.
PeopleLink’s Comprehensive Video Connectivity covers entire Pan India through 7 Server Deployments in the distributed architecture. PeopleLink deployment includes 119 Port MCU at the Army Headquarters and Army
Commands with 100% redundancy. The complete deployment is based on a state of the art distributed architecture for optimizing the MCU ports and bandwidth at each location for maximizing the returns on the Investment.
Business Results Achieved By Using PeopleLink
With successful implementation of PeopleLink Video Conferencing solution Indian Army has been able to achieve the following results:
- Inherently flexible, adequately secure, consumes low bandwidth and is up-gradable and inter-operable with other products.
- PeopleLink’s most robust connectivity under the toughest of the terrains was achieved by using the Video Conferencing facility.
- The ease of utility of your solution was the key to provide the visual collaboration platform for rural areas and position it as a service to the people of the state.
- The solution with its features of easy connectivity, secured platform, recording options and easy scalability makes it ideal for conducting large conferences involving multi hundred locations a seamless task.